Junior
AARCuda

Re: Clayce Kishbaugh

wvcoffee wrote:
Who was the most famous Beta of that era?

Sony.

Please use plain text.
Sophomore
Kahuna

wvcoffee wrote:
Kahuna wrote:
bundles wrote: Kahuna, if you are a survivor of the Coal Room. you may just live forever.......or at least longer than youdeserve. I could never resist ordering a Dave's Special and then loosening my belt as I headed back to work.
Yes, I am a survivor of the Coal Room and that list is dwindling as of late too.   I remember a few days that lunch lasted far pass quitting time.

Bundles doesn't understand a lot of this thread -- he was a Beta.  Who was the most famous Beta of that era?
What's a Beta?   Oh that's right there was a Beta House.   I remember vaguely a few nights around a piano In my era, it was Coop, Si, Ford (Rip), Cava, Doc, Poke, Guliford, Duke and Howdy.
Please use plain text.
Sophomore
Kahuna

GeneralMountie wrote: Yes.  I don't know about George but I will get in touch with Smitty, who will probably know.  Back in 1980 at a GW/WVU basketball game in Washington, I spoke to "Cat" after the game and he told me,then, about Boo's cancer.  This brings back another time at the Joker when "Cat" and I traded licks after a "Batar" session.  I knew "Cat" was hungry because I was his pledgemaster and signed his board at a Pitt thuse and then, proceeded to deliver the lick...all in front of 5000 screamers.  "Cat" and I have a close relationship and during my coaching career there were several players who were prospects who were worthy of me contacting him and if it turned out that if he couldn't work them in, I would then contact SJHS's Jim  Harrick, who was a buddy of mine while at Stonewall, and he was coaching at Pepperdine, U.CL.A. and then, Georgia.  Do the writing on 672 N. High, Kahuna, and I'll assist you in any way I can.
Bops -- I need your e-mail address.  I knew Jim Harrick's uncle very well.   He had a small grocery store in the West End of Clarksburg. Close to Joe's.   (You had to be there one time or another with Vor or Pettrey.) He ran numbers and sold us beer.   Also bought me a bottle for my senior prom. Can you believe that I had friends who were playing the numbers when we were in Junior High? I guess that is a rhetorical question.  --Baron
Please use plain text.
Sophomore
GeneralMountie

sojourners44@gmail.com..."Bare"
Please use plain text.
All Star
juveeer

Kahuna wrote:
GeneralMountie wrote: Yes.  I don't know about George but I will get in touch with Smitty, who will probably know.  Back in 1980 at a GW/WVU basketball game in Washington, I spoke to "Cat" after the game and he told me, then, about Boo's cancer.  This brings back another time at the Joker when "Cat" and I traded licks after a "Batar" session.  I knew "Cat" was hungry because I was his pledgemaster and signed his board at a Pitt thuse and then, proceeded to deliver the lick...all in front of 5000 screamers.  "Cat" and I have a close relationship and during my coaching career there were several players who were prospects who were worthy of me contacting himand if it turned out that if he couldn't work them in, I would then contact SJHS's Jim  Harrick, who was a buddy of mine while at Stonewall, and he was coaching at Pepperdine, U.CL.A. and then, Georgia.  Do the writing on 672 N. High, Kahuna, and I'll assist you in any way I can.
Bops -- I need your e-mail address.  I knew Jim Harrick's uncle very well.   He had a small grocery store in the West End of Clarksburg. Close to Joe's.  (You had to be there one time or another with Vor or Pettrey.)  He ran numbers and sold us beer.   Also bought me a bottle for my senior prom. Can you believe that I had friends who were playing the numbers when we were in Junior High? I guess that is a rhetorical question.  -- Baron
Ha Ha Sounds familiar.cool
Please use plain text.
Sophomore
Kahuna

Kahuna wrote:
wvcoffee wrote:
Kahuna wrote:
bundles wrote: Kahuna, if you are a survivor of the Coal Room. you may just live forever.......or at least longer than you deserve. I could never resist ordering a Dave's Special and then loosening my belt as I headed back to work.
Yes, I am a survivorof the Coal Room and that list is dwindling as of late too.   I remember a few days that lunch lasted far pass quitting time.

Bundles doesn't understand a lot of this thread -- he was a Beta.  Who was the most famous Beta of that era?
What's a Beta?   Oh that's right there was a Beta House.   I remember vaguely a few nights after hours around a piano.  In my era, it was Coop, Si, Ford (Rip), Cava, Doc, Poke, Guliford, Duke and Howdy.  I didn't know Catlett in school. 
Please use plain text.
Sophomore
wveer85

Real interesting thread!!!
Please use plain text.
Sophomore
GeneralMountie

"Cat" had to be the most famoua, huh, Coffee?  But, I will say that Jim Van "Vor" was one of my favorites, also.
Please use plain text.
Sophomore
Kahuna

GeneralMountie wrote: "Cat" had to be the most famoua, huh, Coffee?  But, I will say that Jim Van "Vor" was one of my favorites, also.

Bops-- They say the mind is the second thing that goes.  Jim and Joe were Phi Sigs.   Bill the oldest brother was a Beta.
Please use plain text.
Sophomore
GeneralMountie

Nailed...Baron!  Where is my Gingko and Niacinamide?  Sorry Vor the "whore!"
Please use plain text.